Writer’s Bloc is the only literary magazine at Texas A&M University-Kingsville. Published once a year, it accepts poetry, short fiction, flash fiction, one-act plays, interviews, and essays from the student body, faculty, and staff of TAMUK, and from writers around the nation and the world.
Our current issue includes work by Bruce Bond, Mar…jorie Agosín, Cathy Downs, George Vargas, and many others.
• We prefer emailed submissions. Please send submission to: [email protected]
• Please attach as word.doc.
• You can also send hardcopies to: Writer’s Bloc, MSC 162 Fore Hall 110, 700 University Blvd. Texas A&M University-Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 (If your work gets accepted, an electronic submission will be requested).
• Please enclose a cover letter with contact information.
• Include a short biographical note.
• Our reading period is November to May.
• The Writer’s Bloc office takes summer vacation, May to August. We typically publish in November
Back Issues and Sample Issues:
Please send $10 per back issue to the address above. The fee covers postage and handling, as well as the cost of the issue. Those students, faculty, and staff on TAMUK’s campus in Kingsville may purchase copies for $5 from the Department of Language and Literature, Fore Hall 110 and at the campus bookstore.