Red Meat (letter)
President Donald Trump and his billionaire cabinet have nothing but
contempt and disdain for most of the millions of voters who enabled them to
begin the erosion of the United States’ safety net.
The President and cabinet would never be caught dead in Wal-Mart,
McDonald’s, a gun show, a stock car race, day night clinic or public school
play, concert or game, or any other pedestrian activities that they pretended
to embrace in the campaign.
Yet, they needed (and need) those millions’ support to continue their moves
towards a dog-eat-dog and privatized nation, so red meat must be tossed:
– Immigrant and refugee bashing.
– Reproductive rights attacks.
– Environmental regulations removed
– Proclamations of the United States being “number one,” and damn the rest
of the world.
– Mocking global trade and cooperation.
– Deriding public schools.
– Heightened war talk, this time Iran the subject.
– Promises to dismantle the government of the United States.
– Tax reform talk that sounds appealing, but is really billions in tax breaks for
Millions swallow the bloody red chunks, and then want more, little realizing
the President and cabinet are in reality poisoning them while they ingest the
Oh! The cuts, outbursts, raves and threats sound so tempting, so anti-
establishment, so anti Washington, so anti the two coasts, so anti most
media, so anti Hollywood ….
Millions love this 2017 vitriol, never examining how they are being used.
Get ready for more red-meat sound bites and cruel policies while the
President and the cabinet wing to luxurious resorts.
Eugene “Gene” Novogrodsky